Jarir Marketing Company (also popularly known as “Jarir Bookstore” or “Jarir”) was established in Riyadh in 1974 as a small bookshop. In the 80s, Jarir opened a second branch in Riyadh followed by one in the 90s. Jarir now is considered the market leader in the Middle East for consumer IT products, Electronics, Office supplies and Books.
Jarir is a retailer and wholesaler of its products in Saudi Arabia and in other GCC Countries.In 2002, Jarir became a Joint Stock Company (CR No. 1010032264) and was listed in the Saudi Capital Market (Tadawul) in the year 2003. Currently, Jarir has a paid-up capital of SR 1.20 Billion.
Jarir’s headquarter is located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Jarir operates through two divisions namely Retail (including online sales), under the trademark of Jarir Bookstore, and a Wholesale division.
The activities of the company include trading in Office and School Supplies, Children’s Toys and Educational Aids, Arabic and English Books and Publications, Arts and Crafts Materials, Computer Peripherals and Software, Mobile Phones and Accessories, Audio Visual Instruments, Photography Tools, Smart Television and Maintenance of Computers and Electronic items.
Strategic Growth Priorities
- Over 80 Showrooms in KSA and GCC by 2025
- 10 CAGR through new stores and Growth in Category Share Gain
- Grow eCommerce capabilities as an enabler for overall growth in Saudi andinternationally
- Retain market leadership stay ahead of the curve by forecasting futuretechnology trends and constant review of product mix
- Continue to Improve Category Management capabilities and plans
- Increase Customer Life Time Value via Customer Centric approach and Data Drivencapabilities Offer customers products, services and experiences that are morepersonalized and relevant to them
- Continue to differentiate the product selling proposition by creating value inafter sales services
- Enhance organization structure to fit future business size
- Grow and utilize Jarir presence online through Social Media Digital Marketing tostrengthen Customer engagement with Jarir Brand
- Develop strategy and project management office to strengthen the organizationalcapability in achieving long term business objectives
Saudi arabia CountryOverview
- Population 34.2 m
- 39% less than 25 yrs
- Median Age 30.8
- Population Growth is 2.6% and 2.4% in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
- Literacy rate 97.9 %
- Unemployment 12% (Saudis)
- Proved oil reserves: 267 bn barrels
- Proved oil reserves as share of world total 22.4%
- GDP (Constant) USD 700 bn (2018)
- GDP per Capita SAR 21,693 (2019)
- Inflation is 0.2% and 2.5% in 2018 and 2019 respectively, at 2013Constant Prices.
Source: CentralDepartment of Statistics & Information, Saudi Arabia, OPEC as of 2019
Capital and Shareholders Profileas of 2019
Categories and Product Range
Retail Store Model / Design
- Prime locations
- Land mark buildings
- Appealing store layout and design
- Average of 35,000+ Sq Ft
- Carpeted floors, low shelves and segmented Plan O Grams
- Meets personal needs across all family members
Stores Lease vs. Own
- Jarir owns showrooms only when:
- Locations are prime / highly potential
- Properties are expected to significantly appreciate over 3-5 years
- 15 showrooms owned out of 62 showrooms, representing:
- 24% in terms of showrooms number and
- 27% in terms of total Floor Area
- All Owned showrooms are located in KSA.
- Owned showrooms are Top Performers in KSA in terms of sales as well as profits.
- Lease term of 10-20 years with exit option.
Total Sales Growth : 2011 to 2019
- Tremendous Retail Sales Growth in the past nine years with 12.1% CAGR.
Net Income and Dividend Growth : 2011 to 2019
- Unmatched Net Income Growth in the past eight years with 10.16%
- Growing dividend in the past eight years with 12.52% CAGR.